WHAT IS SOCIAL NETWORKING?
- An online service, platform, or site that focuses on building and reflecting of social networks or social relations among people, who,
- For example, share interests or activities and people with similar or somewhat similar interests, backgrounds or activities make their own communities.
- Most social network services are web-based and provide means for users to interact over the Internet, such as e-mail and instant messaging.
SOME OF FAMOUS SOCIAL NETWORK NOWADAYS
- A location-based social networking website for mobile devices, such as smart phones.
- Users "check in" at venues using a mobile website, text messaging or a device-specific application by selecting from a list of venues the application locates nearby.
- Location is based on GPS hardware in the mobile device or network location provided by the application.
- Each check-in awards the user points and sometimes "badges".
- Users can choose to have their check-ins posted on their accounts on Twitter, Facebook, or both.
RISK OF SOCIAL NETWORKING
Social networking has growth rapidly nowadays. There are lot of social networking that have attract teenagers to get involved such as Facebook, Twitter, Mface, Tagged, Myspace and many more. This social networking has become a major factor that lead teenagers become addicted. Some of them that have become big fans of this social networking site have been look to be more anti social. They just seat in front of the PC or laptop for a long time just to have a conversation with other users. Otherwise, social networking also will let someone in danger. As an example, foursquare is one of social networking that let users "check in" at venues using a mobile website, text messaging or a device-specific application by selecting from a list of venues the application locates nearby. With this info, people that have a bad intention towards them or their family will easily trace them via this application. So, it will put them in danger.